Where is the Trottle Position Sensor located in my car?

Have a 99 altima. I'm not familiar with the technical names of the components in the engine compartment. If any of you can tell me where is the TPS is located, stuff like what it looks like where I can find it and how I can unplug it to check and adjust my ignition timing. I would really appreciate it.

thanks

Reply to
elmo

Elmo:

I've seen your posts on this problem. Unfortunately, I don't think the "point and poke" technique is going to solve an issue with the computer setting the wrong timing. You need a (factory) manual and some time checking the sensors per the book. If you are not familiar with this sort of testing then you need to find a good mechanic who can diagnose the problem - not just throw ideas and parts at it.

Bob

Reply to
'nuther Bob

Get a Haynes Repair Manual and be done with all the questions (your other posts, too)...the answers AND pictures are in the manual!

John D.

Reply to
John D.