91 Jetta Clutch Cable

Ok, Here's the update. New clutch plate, pressure plate, flywheel, release bearing plate and circlip. Just replaced release rod ans another release bearing. Still grinds and will not go into gear. Auto adjust clutch cable SEEMS to work. I need help.

Reply to
Rex Merriweather

Only 2 things I can think of: clutch cable is stretched out but you can not tell visually.

Internal problem with trans.

Step 1 replace clutch cable and go from there

Reply to
Simplstupd

It might also be a cracked release arm/lever that is in the transmission. It is the lever the cable is attached to, pivots, and pushes the release bearing. I have seen these crack and cause problems like what you describe. pop that cover off and have someone step on the clutch pedal while you examine the arm/lever's action.

I am currently handling an 86 trans that likes to eat release bearings and pushrods. :-( I might change out the little housing with the release arm/lever in it. It was fine for about 2 years, but now after a new clutch it is at it again. What fun! lol

Reply to
One out of many daves