94 Golf III Output bearing failure?

Hello fellow VDubbers,

Have a 94 golf 2.0 with an 020 tranny Anyone experienced a similar vibration. When I drive above 45 mph with some throttle(under torque) usually in 5th gear, when I turn right, my gear shift vibrates and I can feel some slight vibration in the gas pedal. Seems like a driveline issue. My car has been leaking a little tranny fluid I've had it topped off a twice. I have recently replaced both axles and the left side wheel bearing, thinking this vibration was a wheel bearing. But No.. It has not gone away. So would turning under torque above 45mph signify a possible output bearing issue with my tranny? when I turn left there is absolutely no vibration. Could another possibilty be a strut bearing? It wouldn't cause this pulsation would it?? Thanks for your brainstorming. Basically I am trying to decide for a service or just to purchase a remanufactured transmission. Or get an mk4, last option!! Interestingly enough my first car was an 84 scirocco with a clode ratio. I owned it from 140,000 to 250,000. Drove the hell out of it and never experienced any tranny problems even through it had the dreaded close ratio 020

Reply to
afinnaimo

none2u