96 Jetta Brakes Lights won't go off

I have a 96 Jetta and I was driving and someone came up to me and said my brake lights aren't working.... I then check and change the fuse. Still were not coming on. Then I order a break light switch and installed it and now the lights are on and won't go off, put the old switch which was jam back in and the same affect.. any ideas? almost seems like the switch is not making contact with the pedal? anyone seen this problem? this is a reversed switch meaning when you push it in it goes off.

-Lee

Reply to
Lee

is it not adjustable? i thought you can screw them in and out to set how far you push the pedal before it switches?

Reply to
Nathan Lucas

Should be a simple adjustment there at the switch. Give it a closer look & you'll see where to adjust. ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

If you can't take the heat, get out of the nuclear reactor.

Reply to
ThaDriver

nope just a pop in and twist, no threads.... I bent the metal piece that holds it in and seems to have fixed it...so far. should be ok

-Lee

Reply to
Lee