DIY alignment??

Has anyone tried the magnetic mount bubble level type caster and camber tools? What kind of results did you have? And related, does anyone know of an inexpensive tool for measuring caster and camber ('95 Passat GLX, getting new struts and ball joints) Ron/Champ 6

1963 8E5 Champ (Champ 6) 1962 Lark Daytona Convertible (Boomerang) 1995 VW Passat (Vanilla..yuk) 1994 Volvo 850 (Tilley) 1973 Volvo 1800 ES (An Clar)
Reply to
Ron

The last time I tried that was on my 1965 Sunbeam Imp and it had Kingpin front end.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I measure camber using a long carpenter's level held plumb with a clamp on the floor about a foot away from the wheel. I measure the distances from the level to the top of the rim and the bottom of the rim, measure the distance between the top and bottom of the rim and work the trig to get the camber angle. Works surprisingly well. Good luck.

Denny Straussfogel Two '85 Diesel Golfs

Reply to
Dennis Straussfogel

Jim B.