a/c relay missing - 96 jetta

Hi All, I'll keep this short. Tried the A/C on my 96 jetta gl 2 liter the other day and the compressor did not come on. Checked for the relay at the fuse box, position #1, and its not there. Is there supposed to be a relay or not?? Thanks.

John

Reply to
john

I don't know about other VWs, but in the Bentley manual for my fox it states relay positions may change. I'm sure you have a relay, it's probably in another position.

Reply to
93 Fox

Thanks 93Fox. I'll check around.

I'm hoping that someone with a 96 Jetta GL could check to see if the relay is in position #1 in the panel just above the fuses. Thanks.

Reply to
John

The relay may be built into the accumulator, under the front passenger side.

Reply to
MK