a1 a2 a3

Are these frame types? Body types? What is my new 84 vanagon?

Reply to
Michael Kiser

Frame Types. A - Golf/Jetta B - The Fox/Dasher/Passat T - the Vans.

Newest vans are T4's and my 65 was a T2. So I'd guess T3?

Reply to
Matt Anderson

See:

Roger Brown

Newest is T5 :-)

Reply to
Bernd Felsche

Yep...The Vanagon is a T3.

Reply to
Matt B.

A 1965 was a Type 2, T1; 1968 to 1979 was Type 2, T2; 1980 and up Vanagon was Type 2, T3, and the Eurovans are T4. It is confusing because in T1, T2, etc, the T stands for Transporter, not Type. All busses are Type 2, but the second T stands for Transporter, then the number is the generation, from T1 of the split windows to T4 of the Eurovan. Type 3 and Type 4 were the old air-cooled sedans and wagons.

And T5 for the current 2004 Multivan/Transporter/Caravelle.

Reply to
Matt B.

no no no...the Vanagon is Tsexy....I love those things!

Congrats on the purchase!

Nick

Reply to
Nein H20 VWs

And Scirocco, Corrado, Caddy, and New Beetle.

aka Quantum and Santana.

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith