blemished paintwork??

i wondered if any of you guys had come across this before. my paintwork on the wing of my 2001 vw polo looks blemished. i have run my hand across the surface but there is no indication of anything on the top. it looks like the paint beneath is deteriorating. i have attached a link to the pictures

your ideas would be appreciated

thanks in advance

matthew

Reply to
matt

Some bird shit can be surprisingly aggressive to modern wqater-based paints, though I've not heard VWs are particularly prone to it.

Reply to
Dave Hall

Reply to
el lobo

YES! Bird poop is acidic, and will eat through paint.

Reply to
93 Fox