A4 Golf door sag

Just read another thread about a '97 Golf that has a sagging driver's door. This must be like MAF and window regulators because all have struck my 99.5 GTI GLX.

What's a good solution for the driver's door sag? Bend if up with a 2x4 between the bottom of the door and sill? ISTR doing that years ago on an A1 Rabbit. Or is there adjustment available in the hinges? It looks like I have to remove the door to get to the bolts. :(

thanks, hank

Reply to
Hank Barta

This is what I have done to my A1 doors:

Roger Brown

The best solution is just to oil your door hinges a couple times a year and you'll never have a problem!

It amazes me how many people continue to put up with stiff noisy hinges on their car doors and also sagging doors and misalligned latches all due to wornout hinge pins and bushings.

This is just another example of people who just don't get it or just can't connect the dots or whatever you want to call it!

Sherlock

Reply to
Sherlock