Re: 95 Passat GLX-Anybody ever replace the front wheel bearings?

Thats what I thought.

I'm going to bite the cost this time and have a local shop do it (along with the tremendous parts markup!). At least I know the job will be done right, and have someone else to blame if something does wrong. I will also be doing my research and buying some specialty tools, as the other side will need replacing sometime.

Thanks!

It's not hard but if you never done on some in person guidance would help. > > > Hi, > > > > My left front bearing is bad, and I have the replacement bearing, but > am > > too chicken to do it myself without the right tools(I do have access to a > > garage that may have a hydraulic press, but not sure on the rest of the > > tools). Has anyone ever performed this repair? I've read about people > > installing the bearing, only having to redo the job in 6 months because it > > was slightly off. Opinions? > > > > > >
Reply to
LaM