ABS problem (and some more)

Hi

I have just replaced the front brake pads on a Passat TDI '00. Now the ABS warning light is on, and the ABS doesn't work. On the right side I also had to renovate the brake caliper. AS I see it I haven't touched the ABS, but I'm obviously wrong. What can I have done to make the ABS out of order? On the old brake pads the wire to the brake pad thickness warning light was cut. Now, when I have installed the new pads that warning light is also on, but I guess that is just due to bad connection and not related to the ABS problem.

I also have some other minor electrical problems that maybe you can help me to solve:

In january I replaced the clutch disc. Since then the generator warning light has been on. In the beginning I measured the voltage of the battery after each trip, but when there was no change in voltage I stopped. I've been driving the car since then with no problem. How could I disturb the generator when replacing the clutch?

The rear wiper is impossible to turn off. Even when the wiper switch is in off position, the wiper is on interval. I tried to replace the wiper relay with no success. Can it be something else than the switch? Is it hard to replace the switch? Expensive?

That's all for now Thanks in advance

/Sven

Reply to
Sven Agardh