Aftermarket Alternator, warranty voiding?

I'm thinking about putting an Optima battery and a high-output Bosch alternator in my 02' GTi so that I don't have to worry about draining everything out or overworking the electrical system when I put in the amps for my new stereo system. Does anyone know what kind of effect this will have on my car's warranty?

Reply to
Steve Grauman

Rob Guenther

It will void any warrenty to do with your charging system, no matter what brand of alt you put it, it didn't come from the factory that way.

However, lets say your oil pressure light starts coming on and it is found that you have low oil pressure due to a bad oil pump, the warrenty on that would remain in effect.

Also, if your instrument cluster got fried and it was found that the alt you installed screwed up and was pumping out 20V (ain't gonna happen), then that wouldn't be covered.

I wouldn't worry about it much though, just install the parts correctly and wire up the ICE correctly and you should be fine.

Reply to
Pencilneck