Air con leak 2000 Passat

Cold water is leaking from under the left side of passanger side dash and soaking the carpet. Any simple solutions for this?

Tkx WVK

Reply to
WVK

there is a drain for the condensed water. Your drain is plugged and the water has to go somewhere :-) look for a tube underneath the car around that area

cheers, guenter

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

I've got the same problem, and can't find the drain for the life of me. I've been under there poking around for an hour. Where would it be likely to come out? Through the firewall?

By the sound of it, there's a lot of water in there... :)

Reply to
jewelspargo

While it could be the AC drain, these cars are also known to leak water into the passenger compartment when the drains under the battery get clogged and the water finds its way into the passenger compartment. Open the hood, take the cowl cover off between the engine and the windshield, remove the batter, and check the oval drains with the rubber grommets in them. The water can get high enough in this area to leak in through the gasket around the pollen filter.

Another possible source are the drains for the sunroof, which can clog. Open the doors and give each black rubber nipple a little squeeze and see if water and gunk come out.

Reply to
Keep on Plonkin'

Well I don't have a sunroof and it hasen't been raining so I assume it from the AC (cold drip) Thanks dor the advice!

WVK

Reply to
WVK