Amazing Passat W8 vs Corvette ZO6 Video

That's not exactly fair. Mustang pilots were able to shoot down Me-262s primarily by catching them during takeoff and landing.

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 08:52:41 -0700, PJ wrote something wonderfully witty:

I think most VAG enthusiasts are now getting busy with their lives. Getting Married, climbing the Corporate Ladder, and having Babies to concern themselves with racing their Grocery getters.

I've always had a certain attraction to German Iron, but for a whole bunch of reason choose to spend my dollars on American products. Sometimes I think the German Engineers, engineer the soul's out of their products. While the new breed of Corvette's are so much more refined, I think they've lost a little of their soul as well. I'd personally be interested in a V-8 Solstice or Skyy if they kept it stripped down & raw. I really wanted the Z06, to be the Billy Bob version they first talked about.

Reply to
The Wolf With the Red Roses

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 09:12:40 -0700, Sal wrote something wonderfully witty:

What the hell does a Video game have to do with reality? If it ain't parked in your driveway, it ain't shit.

And he's what 12?

Reply to
The Wolf With the Red Roses

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 16:28:43 -0400, Mike Smith wrote something wonderfully witty:

The very first article I read after numbnutz posted this thread, talked about it being $97,900. I've never seen one so I wouldn't know. Figured they were one off amalgamation. If you do a web search on Pissant W8 you should come across it. It was in about the top five sites returned.

Reply to
The Wolf With the Red Roses

What is your definition of not sucking ? If I bought any of the cars you listed, if it needs a repair, where can it be repaired? And if it needs parts, where do I get them?

From what I've read the Z06 has been rated as one of the best bang for the buck. I think best is a broad statement... best in what, speed, performance, price, reliability and so for. And I'm no car expert but I think where a car is to be used has a lot to do with how it will perform (elevations, weather, etc..).

Reply to
db

I was talking about a THEORETICAL 2008 W8. Seeing that the Passat B5.5 V6 BHP was just 190, but the Passat B6 V6 BHP was 280 it's reasonable to think that if a 2008 W8 was still around, it would have 400+ BHP.

Reply to
Sal

Wow, talk about being clueless about streetracing, the Need for Speed Website is NOT a Videogame Site. It's a site where the WORLD's TOP FASTEST STREET drivers post their photos and videos to impress eachother. There are some pros on there too, but mostly it's amateurs.

turd by the clean end."

Reply to
Sal

WRX STI is a lot better bang for your buck, as is VW GTI. Also, with mods, they can do 335-350 km/h just for the price of a base Corvette. HPA Golfs that cost less than a base Corvette can outperform and outrun a Corvette SS.

Reply to
Sal

Can you provide some URL's to back these claims up? Americans are known to love their cars so why haven't Americans caught on to your claims? Frankly 350km/h doesn't impress me for a true sports car. Hell cars could break that speed in the 1930's in the US.

Reply to
db

Corvette SS???

Show me one in production...

Reply to
ZÿRiX

That is on their own turf, is it not? As to "fair", what's the phrase "All's fair in love and war."? The point is that the dufus seems to be pretty ignorant about everything he posts.

Reply to
Bob I

The only amazing thing here is your aptitude for stoopid! Please show me a 20 year old WReX.

Reply to
Bob I

In other words, more of your delusions.

The 3.6L in the PQ46 makes 280 HP, or about 78 HP/L. A 400 HP engine would have to over 5.0L at that rate, rather large for the Passat which is now basically a stretched Jetta. Also, the W8 was designed for longitudinal-engine applications, as was the 2.8L V6, and wouldn't work well in the Passat's current transverse-engine configuration, even if it could fit.

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

I'm sure it still blows the doors off any Passat ever built.

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

Whoa!

There isn't a Corvette SS. TTBOMK there are mules. None of which have completed emission control cert in a production configuration.

You're comparing apples with oranges. As soon as you talk mod, you've entered the 'off-road' game in this country.

You seem to talk 'slightly modded' German iron in comparison with a base 'vette. Me thinks you want your favorites to always run on a downhill track, with a tailwind.

So, here's what I'd suggest. Take a hard look at your class schedule for this fall. Make sure you'll gain some credits in Logic

101 and Critical Thinking 102.

-- pj

Reply to
PJ

How many of those cars are available for under $50,000?

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

This is Jeremy Clarkson. He's not some kid. He's basically the world's foremost expert on driving performance production cars at their limits.

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 09:12:40 -0700, Sal wrote

turd by the clean end."

Reply to
Sal

First of all that's a 2008 car while the Passat W8 is a 2002 car. That being said, for the price of that car, you could easily achieve a higher top speed than that corvette by installing a powerful supercharger, cold air intake, performance exhaust, chip tuning with

110 octane program, and hell for the price of that corvette, you could also throw in a HPA GOLF V transmission in there for that price, and EASILY beat that corvette. This video shows an OLD Passat V6 as old as a C4 Corvette. For th same price as a C4 Corvette this Passat can do 200 MPH+. Now that was a 135 MPH car so imagine what a 2002 174 MPH stock car like the W8 would do with those kind of mods? If the 2008 W8 existed, it would do 200 MPH STOCK, and with mods to equal the price of that highly modified Corvette, it could do 256 MPH.

Reply to
Sal

Look Sweetie, I know you're a bored college freshman on summer break but why don't you grab a chair, turn on your game console and do all the gaming you want and leave us alone? We don't care what you think of Corvettes. Really.

Thanks.

:>First of all that's a 2008 car while the Passat W8 is a 2002 car. :>That being said, for the price of that car, you could easily achieve a :>higher top speed than that corvette by installing a powerful :>supercharger, cold air intake, performance exhaust, chip tuning with :>110 octane program, and hell for the price of that corvette, you could :>also throw in a HPA GOLF V transmission in there for that price, and :>EASILY beat that corvette. :>This video shows an OLD Passat V6 as old as a C4 Corvette. For th same :>price as a C4 Corvette this Passat can do 200 MPH+. Now that was a 135 :>MPH car so imagine what a 2002 174 MPH stock car like the W8 would do :>with those kind of mods? If the 2008 W8 existed, it would do 200 MPH :>STOCK, and with mods to equal the price of that highly modified :>Corvette, it could do 256 MPH. :>

:>

:>

:>On Jul 16, 12:58 am, Mike Smith :>wrote: :>> Sal wrote: :>> > I'm sure that the top speed is still shockingly low for the power :>> > given the Corvette's horrible horsepower to top speed ratio. :>>

:>> I'm sure it still blows the doors off any Passat ever built. :>>

:>> -- :>> Mike Smith :>

Reply to
Sarah Czepiel

Maybe. In a straight line only. Until the engine blew up from being so overboosted, which I doubt would take very long.

What's this obsession with hypotheticals and what-ifs? Try living in the real world for a while.

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith