Amazing Passat W8 vs Corvette ZO6 Video

And most of those Passats weren't VR6 models, or even 2.0 turbos most likely.

I would venture to guess that most if not all of the people involved in this thread are American.

Their loss. The Corvette has come a *looooong* way since the crappy old C3s and C4s, and is now a very serious performance contender in the $45-65K range.

That's a stupid question. (No surprise, coming from you.) That's like asking whether more VWs or more Porsches are sold in Europe. *Duh*. Obviously a family car is going to outsell a 2-seater performance coupe.

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

If China builds its cars (look up Brilliance and their stellar crash test results) anything like the way they manufacture wheat gluten, toothpaste, or steamed pork buns (i.e. counterfeit and full of potentially lethal substances), well, then you'll forgive me for not being exactly worried about China becoming anything but a worldwide joke. Remember when "Made in Japan" meant cheap crap? Then it was "Made in Taiwan"? Well, now it's "Made in China", apparently.

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

Maybe it would be a W10, but if the sucessor of the Passat W8 was still around in 2008 it would have 400+ BHP. The 2002 W8 always had 50% more horsepower than the V6 Passats. The 2008 Passat V6 has 280BHP, and the 2008 V6 Passat R36 has 300 BHP thus even 400 BHP would be a lowball estimate for a 2008 Passat W8. Volkswagen can put a 650BHP TWIN TURBO W12 Monster Engine in a GTI so a 400+ BHP engine in a Passat would be no problem.

Reply to
Sal

None of them, but the BEST bang for your buck car is NOT the Corvette either. GTIs outperform Corvettes at every price point. For instance even a poor man can buy a GTI that can beat a Mclaren F1 for a reasonable price. This is a few year OLD HPA Tuned GTI that does 0-60 in 3.1something and 1/4 mile in 11.0, 333 km/h VMAX.

Newer ones are EVEN FASTER. The eat similarly priced Corvettes for BREAKFAST at the track.

Reply to
Sal

The 11.0 second HPA Golf R32 costs $54,000. BTW, when I say EVERY price Point, I mean EVERY price Point. If you got the money you can get a 1000BHP GTI like this and thanks to All Wheel Drive it can actually use that power where a 1000 BHP Corvette will just spin its wheels going nowhere and cost TONS more than the GTI on top of that. I don't know how much this 1000BHP GTI costs, but it's probably less than $100,000

EVOs, GTIs, and even old RX7s and Supras are FAR FAR faster cars than Corvettes at the same price points. If you want a car that's NOT the fastest at its price, it's better to get a Porsche Cayman or Boxter instead of a Corvette. A Cayman is a FAR more impressive looking car and is a far better chick magnet than a Corvette anyway and has a far more high class and noble bloodline.

> None of them, but the BEST bang for your buck car is NOT the Corvette > either.

Reply to
Sal

And where is the "Vonderbar" W-12 from the VAG? Dead on arrival. That's where it is. Audi A4,A6,Passat = 8 ball joints per front end. A very poorly engineered/executed multi-link suspension. The platform strategy propagates mistakes. Now the good stuff. Quattro. BK

Reply to
bill kolofa