Are all MAF sensors the same

I have a Passat TDI (110bhp) that I suspect the MAF sensor is playing up, my brother in law has a Passat TDI (90bhp), are the MAF unit the same so I can swap his for mine to see if I can eliminate my lack lustre acceleration around the 3000 rpm mark.

Also is there a filter in the air intake unit just before the MAF sensor??

any help please

Craig

Reply to
craig

Yes the tdi does have an air filter before the MAF. Some folks also recommend >I have a Passat TDI (110bhp) that I suspect the MAF sensor is playing up, my

Jim B.

Reply to
jimbehning

No, but the MAF has a part number on the housing. If they are the same then you may swap it.

Reply to
Woodchuck