Jeezzz.... now the starter!!!

Alright, just replaced the alternator..thanks to those that helped me. Now it seems the starter is having problems. It happened right as the alternator went bad. There is a hesitation when I turn the key and it makes that strangled duck sound like the car is already on when it kicks over. I assume I have to replace the starter. I managed a new alternator without a real problem. You guys think I can manage a starter to? To be honest, I'm not even sure where the starter is. The Bently manual doers't even show a picture.

--Chamberlin

Reply to
jbrianchamberlin

if its like my experience the starter is 100 times more difficult to replace than the alternator

Reply to
Chris

Great. Where is the damn thing anyway? Wonder where I can get instructions with pictures. =) The Bently book has a paragraph about the starter and that's it.

--Chamberlin

Reply to
jbrianchamberlin

On A2 cars the starter is at the bottom of the bell housing, radiator side for manual transmission, firewall side for auto. For manual, the starter is part of the engine mount, so support the engine before removing.

That said, the battery, alternator and starter are all >

Reply to
Randolph

The starter began acting up as soon as the original alternator failed and the car died on my wife. When we got the car started again, it began making that noise where is sounded like it wasn't disengaging. You know when you turn the car on when it's already on and it goes QRRRRCCCCCCCCCCCKK! Well that's what it's doing now.

--Chamberlin

Reply to
jbrianchamberlin

Would help if we knew what care this was.

Reply to
Matt B.

Sorry, it's a 93 Cabriolet.

Reply to