argh! Dealer f'ed me!

Congressional - Rockville ???

Reply to
R J Carpenter

Took my GTI in a couple weeks ago to get the window recall done. No problem right? well today I'm sitting around cleaning up because my semi-GF (long story) and her parents are driving back from PA and they were going to drop her off here and then I was going to take her home later (she lives in VA, her parents live in NC) ANYWAY she should be here any second, I just went to run to the store to get a pack of smokes real quick and now MY OTHER WINDOW IS BUSTED! So now I can't actually go out anywhere unless I can get someone to help me push start my old Scirocco (battery is flat, tools are over at my friend's garage, and the extension cord won't reach to the street to hook up the charger) and I have to drop my car off at the stealership for yet another day when they could have gotten this done earlier. And my landlady will be annoyed at me 'cause I just stole the carport. And of course I will make such a good impression on her parents (well, they've known me for years, but still, I'm old enough I ought to be beyond the "dude, my car's busted again" stage)

This wouldn't piss me off so much except the service writer specifically told me that the recall involved replacing the little plastic piece on BOTH DOORS and that this HAD been done on my car! Lying bastards!

Hey VW, take note, THIS is why you have such a poor reputation for quality. Not because you build bad cars - you don't - but because your sacks of shit that you call service departments give piss poor customer service. I actually thought this was one of the better VW dealerships around here until this experience - I've heard uniformly negative reviews of all the other dealerships.

nate

Reply to
Nathan Nagel

No, actually Fitzgerald in Annapolis. The most convenient dealer to me is actually Darcars in College Park, but based on my experiences with their used car sales ("well, I don't really know a whole lot about VW's, just test drive it, you'll like it") and their parts counter (wouldn't take a credit card no. over the phone to special order a $20 part, necessitating me blowing off two lunch breaks to get it) I won't be going there. Granted this was several years ago, before they were Darcars, but from what I hear things haven't improved much.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Agggghhh, welcome to my world. Except I actually pay these places to fix stuff for me and then have to go back multiple times to fix their f-ups!! Gawd, somebody shot me.

Reply to
PJ4LIFE