Automatic transmission leak from ???

I have a 96 golf 2.0 L with a 01M automatic transmission. I have a leak on the front of the transmission from a fitting which is to the left of the fill plug and to the left of the line pressure tap (5mm allen screw). The fitting that is leaking is carrying electrical wires.

Is this repairable? Is this just a black plastic interference fit grommet that I can yank out and replace?

Thanks Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Are you sure that is where the leak is coming from? It might be a leak from elsewhere that ran over to that fitting.

Reply to
Papa

Replace the washer and 5mm plug first. There was once a tech bulletin.

Reply to
Lost In Space

I checked the ATF level and it was nearly a quart over. I drained out the extra - I think this will take care of the 'leak'.

Reply to
Jeff