B5.5 Doesnt sound right??

Hi Guys

My 2 litre B5.5 has had a few probs since i got it 12 months ago:-

June 03/July 03 Leaking air con(fixed twice). July 03 Interior Alarm sensors(replaced). Sept 03 Bonnet(Hood) Alarm sensor(replaced). Sept 03 Air con filter housing leaking(Replaced). Feb 04 4 Coils replaced after CEL. March 04 20.000 service + replace pads and rotors all round.(Also asked them to check exhaust because of a rattle near Cat(Nothing found))

Now car is running Strange, ie exhaust is noisier than normal and engine is not quite as smooth as before..

What does everyone think it could be???

Have had enough of my local stealership so have decided to try another a few more mile`s away..

Hope you can help..

Tony

Reply to
Tony & Debs

I may know what it is, until I saw the word "stealership"... damm my keyboard just froze!

Reply to
Woodchuck

Could be a loose heat shield.

Reply to
93 Fox

Lame! Just don't post if 'stealership' offends you. Hope you don't have a guilty conscience (I take it you work at a stealership).

Reply to
93 Fox

No, I work at a dealership, and a good one at that with pride in treating customers honestly. Yes there are crappy dealers out there, so my answer is find a good one.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Sorry if i offended you but my local VW Dealer is .... well .... useless, just interested in getting money out of you and nothing else that is why i am asking on here first before i go to the new dealership ..

Tony

Reply to
Tony & Debs

Does it sound like you have a exhaust leak near the engine? Open the hood and have someone rev the engine with a few quick hits of the gas pedal and listen. Just make sure you watch the RPM and no go too high. Then get back to me.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Just checked today, no leaks found!!!

Anymore idea`s??