Brake lights not working 96 golf

I have a 96 golf, 2L, and the brakes lights are not working. All bulbs OK. The upper string in the little air wing work fine. I checked the fuse and it looks OK. Any thoughts? I also just got a check engine light, about 2 wks after the brake light problem. Like many other listers I have been unable to get blink codes. Doubt it is related.

58000 miles. thanx in advance. andy
Reply to
andy

Randolph

Randolph schrieb:

Hmmm, given that

?

Ingo

Reply to
Ingo Braune

Good point. I took it to mean that he had tested the string separately, just like "All bulbs OK."

Reply to
Randolph