Cleaning the interior of a Jetta?

What are you guys using to clean the dash and doors etc with that fake leather stuff, or what ever it is called. Car has the velour seats/ interior not the leather ones.

Tia! Psycho

Reply to
psycho_pastrami

I just did mine this am. Windex and paper towel works perfect. Swiffer...mmmmm Next time.

Start wearing pants then.

I have had no probs with my '93 Jetta GL seats. Vacuum twice a year, need it or not.

Reply to
Richard Potato

Reply to
Rob Guenther

You can say that again :) psycho

Reply to
psycho_pastrami

I wonder if a dog hair brush works on them......

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Has anyone tried a dryer sheet to wipe/brush down the seats? Might eliminate some of the lint if it is from static cling and leave a fresh scent. lol just an idea I heard somewhere else! later, dave Reminder........ Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes. Frieda Norris

Reply to
dave

I am looking at A4's and similar vehicles.

Given the quality problems with VWs not made in Germany (all of them or almost all it seems), I wouldn't consider another VW product. And I am also willing and capable of blowing more $ on a depreciating asset.

Reply to
Richard Potato

Didn't I post something about 'naked'?

So would a dog hair brush be good for dog hair? ;-))

I think the only solution would be a lint roller. Talk about horizontal thinking!! A lint roller in a car. I am thinking leather or leatherette for my new car. And sticking to the seats in the summer. Naked.

Reply to
Richard Potato

You're gonna laugh at this but back in the 70's when velour was popular for shirts, pants etc (think disco!!), I used to use a little gadget called a "Zerostat" made by Discwasher to keep lint/hair off my cloths. Essentially the thing was a gun that emitted a reverse static charge when you pulled the trigger and it would discourage dust from sticking to stuff. It was designed for records but worked great for cloths as well :)

Reply to
psycho_pastrami

Yea, they all have it, I think with the exception of the most base models.... How much money do you think it is to re-uphoster a car in leather (possibly with thicker seat padding as well....)? :-)... pipe dream.

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Thank God my parents didn't own one when I was a hormone high teenager :)

Reply to
psycho_pastrami

If you've got the ribbed velour, I know what you're going thru-- Mine is black and clings like velcro to any dust, pollen, lint, tuft of hair. Been using a clothes brush that my wife got for wool clothing and a sticky roller I saw at the laundry I use. Both work pretty well. Pete

Reply to
pbeyer

Lemme tell ua 'bout my Meskin bilt '93 Jetta. The one with the add-on, ad hoc extended 10 year power train warranty. The one that I had to use a few times and a number of other suprising mechanical failures of this little beasty. Not good. And not again.

But I would rather tell you about my German built '85 Jetta instead.

Reply to
Richard Potato

You can get leather conversions for VW seats. The price isn't too bad:

William Maslin