What are YJ half doors made of?

Hi, I just wondered what kind of material YJ half doors are made out of. Is it diamonds or gold or sapphires? Because with the ridiculous prices people want for these, it sure seems like it. Junkyard wants more than they can probably get for the entire rest of a junked out rusted Jeep. Maybe I can get some on Ebay but with shipping it's almost as bad. With YJs approaching 10 years old I figured they should just be laying around in some rednecks' front yards but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Reply to
Jay Stuler

The reason the prices are high is the YJ half doors will also fit CJ-7s, so the market for them is much bigger than just people with YJs.

---------------------------------------------------- Del Rawlins- del@_kills_spammers_rawlinsbrothers.org Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email. Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:

Del Rawlins

What do you consider expensive? I bought my half doors used and in great shape with mirrors for 250.00 and see that price now and again.

If you want to see expensive, shop for full doors.

Bill

Reply to
William Oliveri

A friend had his stolen. $3600.00 for replacement half doors...

Mike

Jay Stuler wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Hi If you want to buy a set I have some for sale.

The problem is that people can smell your desire to buy them. If you are desparate then I could tell you that if you go to the dealer and purchase them it would probably cost you over $2000.00 to purchase each nut, bolt and get them painted - ever check out how much just the plastic handle costs. I had a friend who go his replaced by the insurance, you should have seen the cost of each part.

The best thing you could do is make a fair offer, and tell the guy it is open. I am sure he will get back to you since there is not a big market for high priced doors! Most people who want them are offroaders who do not care about the little scatches and dents, thus they just want a cheap pair. Thus the person will be stuck with the doors and your offer is not to bad. So just be nice to the seller and do not seem to eager, just say that you will give him cash if he changes his mind.

Reply to
Snowboardripper

FWIW, Bestop is now marketing plastic lower half doors for CJ, YJ & TJ. They are apparently textured and come in colors to match the factory or Bestop fabric tops. Bestop says they accomodate either the stock upper zipper windows, or the Supertop fabric upper sliders. For YJ & TJ they have a provision for mounting the factory mirrors. Price is $650 /pr. plus uppers. For comparison, the Bestop fabric doors run about $350. The bad news, unlike factory half doors, no locking capability.

Reply to
Jerry McG

Obviously my desire to buy them doesn't outweigh my desire for a cheap deal. Mostly I don't want to pay the cost of postage/delivery no matter what the base cost might be.

Reply to
Jay Stuler

Slugs and snails and puppy dog tails?

-jeff

Reply to
Handywired

My YJ doors are made of air.

Reply to
iBob

Tuffy Door Lockers. If you are going to pay for them, protect them. I have used these for the last 7 years and they work great. PITA to install tho.

George

90 Wrangler 4.2L 98 Ram 1500 5.9L 00 SV650

iBob wrote:

Reply to
George J. McFadden