OT-What newsreaders are you guys using?

Any opinions on what is the best newsreader? I am willing to try something new.

Reply to
Truckdude

The Wall Street Journal

Reply to
The always Benevolent dbu.

Xananews

I am willing to help you set it up if needed.

Reply to
badgolferman

I use one my friend Kevin built (For free :)), but I used to use

- it was the best for filtering spam; next to Kevin's, of course.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Are you referring to a newsreader or a newsserver?

Reply to
badgolferman

I'm on my nice, shiny, new iMac and I'm using Unison. On PCs I use Outlook Express (the bland and the beautiful). jor

Reply to
jor

Uh, oh... I'm not sure how my post got into this group! Maybe this isn't such a hot newsreader after all! Sorry about that. jor

Reply to
jor

I see you're using Outlook Express, never tried it. I use Agent, it's the only piece of software that I ever bought, works good.

You can try it out free, get FreeAgent from Forte

Reply to
Gord Beaman

Agent

Reply to
Andy

Pan (GNU/Linux (Ubuntu) (no virii!))

Reply to
xds

Seriously? I use MT-NewsWatcher for the Mac

Reply to
The always Benevolent dbu.

I use Pan on my Mandrake Linux setup.

For Winbloze, I use 40tude Dialog.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

I like Xnews for its ease of decoding/displaying yEnc format binaries.

Use outlook express for day/day.

Reply to
ron

Oh crap - server. I use OE as a reader - good catch

Natalie, blonding out...

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Pan (It's not a psychotic episode, it's a cleansing moment of sanity!) or was that, "As she crawled across the table"? Suse 10.1 (DON'T DO IT!!! IT'S NOT STABLE!!!)

I also use Pan for Winbloze.

Reply to
Hachiroku

I wasn't a big fan of Agent's changes from v1.9* to v3. Didn't like the way they decided to change were everything was at and took a little too long to manage multiple newsreaders without having to rig it. It is still pretty popular though.

I've been working with Xnews and Dialog a little and both of those are nice.

Tedd

Reply to
Tedd

I use a thin-client ;). Firefox browser and google groups. No headaches-no service fees.

: : : : : RRVIttIti+==iiii++iii++=;:, : : IBMMMMWWWWMMMMMBXXVVYYIi=;:, : : tBBMMMWWWMMMMMMBXXXVYIti;;;:,, : t YXIXBMMWMMBMBBRXVIi+==;::;:::: , ;t IVYt+=+iIIVMBYi=:,,,=i+=;:::::, ;; YX=YVIt+=,,:=VWBt;::::=,,:::;;;:;: ;;; VMiXRttItIVRBBWRi:.tXXVVYItiIi==;: ;;;; =XIBWMMMBBBMRMBXi;,tXXRRXXXVYYt+;;: ;;;;; =iBWWMMBBMBBWBY;;;,YXRRRRXXVIi;;;:;,;;; iXMMMMMWWBMWMY+;=+IXRRXXVYIi;:;;:,,;;= iBRBBMMMMYYXV+:,:;+XRXXVIt+;;:;++::;;; MRRRBMMBBYtt;::::;+VXVIi=;;;:;=+;;;; XBRBBBBBMMBRRVItttYYYYt=;;;;;;==:;= VRRRRRBRRRRXRVYYIttiti=::;:::=;= YRRRRXXVIIYIiitt+++ii=:;:::;== +XRRXIIIIYVVI;i+=;=tt=;::::;: tRRXXVYti++==;;;=iYt;:::::,; IXRRXVVVVYYItiitIIi=:::;,:: tVXRRRBBRXVYYYIti;::::,::: VVYVYYYYYItti+=:,,,,,:::: VVVI+==;;;;;:,,,,,,,::::: (Select the characters to see who it is )

Reply to
stevelibert

Web access has its benefits. : ) Google is a little limited for me in regard binary group content, but is an alternative for anyone that wants to participate in the text groups.

I've been using Newsguy.com's services and they offer web-based access to all their groups so you can get the best of both worlds. Web access is nice since you can use if from whatever computer you can get to the Net from, without having to setup a newsreader program each time. I Newsguy is still offering a 2 day free trial if anyone is interested in checking that out.

Tedd

Reply to
Tedd

That is a newspaper, but thanks for trying. And don't worry about it...we know that you are doing the best you can.

Reply to
Truckdude

Thank you to everyone for their suggestions. All I have ever used is OE and if it exists, I wanted to find something better.

Reply to
Truckdude