Disabling 98 Passat remote control

In a second of carelessness, I lost one of the remote door openers for my '98 Passat. I still have the second remote control, but I would like to ensure that whoever finds the lost remote can't unlock my car.

I did a manual reset to the second remote control to change its code. But will that automatically disable the first (lost) remote? Or does something else need to be done to dissociate a remote control with the car?

Reply to
Juey Ong

Good news and bad news.

Good news: Somebody found the remote I lost and turned it in. Thank you!

Bad news: Despite the manual reset to the second remote, I could still unlock the car with the first remote control, so the resetting of codes with one remote control does not dissociate the other remotes.

So the question still remains: is there a way to dissociate a remote control with the car?

Reply to
Juey Ong

Yes, if it's done with the VW 5051, 5052, or VAG-COM.

Reply to
Woodchuck