Drive rough

Car is lately very rough on pickup as soon as I push gas pedal, it gets really rough. I am not sure if it is first gear shifting problem or some thing else. Once it initially gets into motion there is no problem. 2nd gear shift ok. So may be it is not gear shifting problem. Some time I have stating problem with it also but not always as most of the time it starts up on first self.

I have tune up done on 60,000 miles (fuel filter, spark plugs and spark plug cable was replaced). Car now have 75,000 miles.

99 VW Jetta 2.0L

Any help would be appreciated

Reply to
Rauf