electric window problem

Hi all

I have a Polo 1.4cl v reg, the passenger side electric window went last year but i can live with that, although every now and then it does spring into life for a few days. However the drivers side one is now acting up, it will go down ok but does not seem to have the power to go all the way back up, it will get half way then stop. I have to press he button in and push it up by hand the rest of the way.

When its closed if i open it just a little bit it will go back up when i press but as soon as i come down a little way more it wont go back up.

Anyone any ideas? and roughly the cost of getting it fixed?

Thanks all for your help

Reply to
chris_newton

The window regulators in your car are gone. Its probably the cheap plastic pulleys broken or the cabling is gunked up with oil and dirt. New ones will run you around $200, each. Maybe somebody else has seen lower prices.

Reply to
PabloRena ---> AnalProbe