fickle rear wiper

'87 Golf

my rear wiper works sometimes and sometimes it doesnt?

Cant be a fuse, but how do you check if its dodgy when its working and conversely how do you check it out if its not?

I would appreciate light from someone that has experienced this themselves?

thanks as always

Michael

87' Golf
Reply to
mkl1

Check the wiring between the body and the hatch, usually by the passenger side hinge, you may have a bad wire in there, I have seen it on alot of hatchbacks of all makes. next I would check the relay, it may be faulty, and only activating some of the time, its not like a fuse which is either good or bad, working or unable to work at all, they can get corroded and only make good contact some of the time.

none2u