Flooding Balkhead (wheres the drain)

Today there was about 3" of water in the rear balk head, I have a 1999 Passat and at the bottom of the windscreen is a black plastic rain collector with hundreds of slots, these slots allow rain to run down into the rear of the bulkhead were the Battery, fuse box and brake servo are. the must be a drain that's blocked but were is it....... anyone have any ideas.

Regards Craig

Reply to
craig

Search the archives on google, I think it's there somewhere. I *think* it's under the battery, from memory, but I'm not sure.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

It's under the battery!

Reply to
Woodchuck

Reply to
craig

Shouldn't do but you will have to remove the battery tray as well.

Need to keep an eye on this its a common problem. If you get too much in there then it overflows inside the car at which point the water kindly finds its way under the passenger seat where resides 3 or 4 hundred quids worth of climate control module (!). Make sure you have your radio code before you disconnect the battery

rgds

I.

Reply to
Iain Miller

I have put a new MP3 player in so the code should not be problem, but I have a cell down on my battery that I can't recover so I will have to replace the battery and at the same time clear the drain.

Reply to
craig

Under the battery you will see a rubber duck bill type of drain. Just toss it out.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Managed to shoehorn the old battery out and the new one in (what a ballache), took the battery tray off and cleaned out the drain, it was full of crud. don't wish to do that again.

Craig

Reply to
craig