FOR SALE: HOT RABBIT GTI

Going on Ebay soon so act quick ;-) Asking $4,300. Email me snipped-for-privacy@columbus.rr.com Located in Ohio

1983 VW Rabbit GTI. This car was taken off the road in1986 and autocrossed since. This is the reason it only has 70K original miles. Each autocross event puts a maximum of 3-4 miles per event on the car. Most drivers run anywhere from one to three event weekends per month so as you can see the car has very few miles on it. The car was also garaged and trailered since 1986 also. The car starts and runs like a champion and is extremely FAST! The entire 1.8 liter motor was rebuilt in 1990 and bored to the maximum of SCCA rules of .040. Other modifications are: torque supressor, Molly pistons, Tokico Illumina 5 way adjustable struts, Ground Control height adjustable coilovers with Eibach springs, Autotech 22mm front sway bar and 28mm rear sway bar, front upper, lower and rear stress bars, Jacobs ignition, Bellevue header, Euro downpipe and race bullet muffler, Quaife torque biasing differential, lightened flywheel, Sachs sport clutch and rebuilt tranny with all new sycros, low temp 180 degree thermostat and low temp fan switch, short shift kit, stainless steel brake lines and new master cylinder, BBS wheel stud conversion, Momo steering wheel, Sparco seats, belts, brake pedals, big bore intake, K&N filter with reworked cool air duct, reworked fuel distributor/injectors, larger throttle body and matched intake, 5 quart oil pan, and new battery relocated to the rear of the vehicle. Has oil temp, oil pressure, and charging gauges on the center console. Car is corner balanced and weight is 1980 lbs. The car is black with painted German color scheme. All other decals can be removed. The car sits on 15 inch Momo Quasar wheels with brand spanking new Falken Azenis (Had to buy these wheels/tires so the car would fit onto my trailer). The studs stick out too far to put the center caps on the wheels, this is why they are not on the wheels in the pictures. The 13in race wheels/tires are not included in this auction as seen in some of the pictures. I have lots of parts with this car including a set of stock fender covers, water pump housing, original parts such as pistons, valve covers, wheel studs, gaskets, air box, valve shims, shim tools, etc. etc. etc. I have three boxes full of extra parts, can?t recall everything right now.

Condition: This car is in excellent shape and I can honestly say I?ve only seen a handful of Rabbit GTIs this clean. It is licensed and insured and can easily be driven on the street legally with a different muffler and yellow tape taken off the headlights. As stated, all decals can be removed if requested with no ill effect to the paint. The German color scheme is painted on however. Some like it some don?t but for a few hundred bucks the car can be repainted. The paint finish on the car is immaculate and shines like a brand new car. There are some small chips on the side, none very big and not noticable from a few feet away. There is one small scratch about

1-1/2 inches in length in the yellow stripe on the driver?s door. Currently the decal covers it. There is also a ding in the passenger rear corner of the car (see picture) but it hardly noticable again from a few feet away. The interior is perfect with no rips or tears. The headliner could used replaced (see picture). The carpet could use cleaning though. The Momo Quasar wheels are perfectly straight, but could use polishing up. The center caps are perfect cosmetically but some need the clips on the backs replaced. The rear passenger brake light does not work (not sure what is wrong with it). There is a gremlin in the oil pressure and battery idiot lights on the dash. At a certain RPM both rapidly flash together. Oil pressure/level is fine though. As stated, the car runs like a top and is in near perfect condition. I have all the receipts and paper work on the car including the original owners manual. There is over $15,000.00 in receipts and work done to this car since 1986, most done in the past 10 years. Title is clear with actual miles. Email me for specific pictures for serious bidders only.
Reply to
<ABanks5