vw PD tdi Lucas rear brakes

Can anyone tell me how to push the piston back on the Lucas brakes - I've tried the usual methods ( levering, g-clamps), the piston still moves freely.

Reply to
David Lawson

Uh, time to RTFM! Most all cars with rear disk brakes the piston needs to be turned as you push it in. It's part of the hand brake system. It's possible that you've done harm trying to compress it without screwing it in.

Joe

Reply to
Joe R

Turn clockwise as you push the piston in. If you clamped the hell out of it you may have damaged the caliper. Time to get a manual!

Reply to
Woodchuck

Lucas brakes? Do they suffer random, uncontained fluid passage much as ancient English vehicles suffered random, uncontained electron passage?

--TW before his coffee. Bad idea.

Reply to
Tundra Wookie