Front Brake Warning Light

Hi..

I'm just wondering how bad my front brakes are on my TDI Jetta 2001 if the warning light comes on.

I will need to do a bit of driving before I can get it to the garage, is this safe to do?

THanks

Reply to
Julien

**Check your brake fluid, might just be low or you have a leak. Then again, you might have a genuine brake problem.

kaboomie

Reply to
kaboom

If he is really talking about a warning light, he could be talking about the brake pad wear warning light. If so, you probably have about 1000-2000 miles left in them. The topic came up on the yahoo Eurovan group and that seemed to be the consensus in regards to how long they usually could still go IIRC.

Reply to
Matt B.

If it's the yellow pad light then I wouldn't go much longer to get the brakes checked. Your car has 4 brake pads in the front but only the left inside pad has the sensor which comes on when there is about 3/32 lining left. But that doesn't mean the other 3 pads have more lining. Do you feel lucky?

Reply to
Woodchuck