Frozen speakers [2003 jetta, Monsoon]

My radio has strange symptoms : no bass on one side (left), nothing in the back with the fader in the "all to the rear" positiion. Happens when it is cold (-10C = 5F and colder), both radio and CD. The dealer changed the radio las week but this did not fix it, they say they have a series of problems with "frozen speakers" (?) they cannot solve.

Any hints ?

Thanks,

Reply to
Hans

I have a 2003 GTI with Monsoon. I don't have frozen speakers, but I have started getting "Frozen FM".

Until the interior of my car gets warmed up, the FM reception is as if there was no aerial. Once the car is warm inside, things seem to be back to normal. Just waiting to see if it gets worse. Dealer (Service) has already offered to replace under warranty, just want to be sure that I have this problem diagnosed properly.

Reply to
Glen McLean

started getting

was no aerial. Once the

it gets worse.

be sure that I have

These both sound like there's a marginal connection somewhere, and when the wires are cold they contract enough to break the connection.

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

(...)

Sounds reasonable ; would that fry the radio after a while (I imagine VW found it dead before they changed it last week) ?

Thks

Reply to
Hans