Have you seen my MAF sensor?

I have a 1997 mexican Golf GL 1.8. I read Ken's tips on modifying the MAF sensor and SURPRISE!! There isnt one in my car... Theres an airbox, there's a tube that goes straight to the TB, but there isnt anything else. By the way, there isnt a helmholtz resonator in the airbox either. Any clues? By the way, a guy here chipped my digifant and it's definitely better, but still hesitant...

Reply to
MarkVW

Sounds like a disease! I heard but never had a chance to see one of them TBI'er.

Reply to
Woodchuck

I haven't seen Ken's article on modifying the Mass Airflow Sensor; but would be interested in obtaining a copy. Does anyone have a copy they can e-mail?

tks

Reply to
clock

MonoMotronic is a disease!!!

Just like TipTragic is an ailment!

Reply to
Peter Cressman

No monomotronic either in there if he has an airbox. Its a Digifant car... mine is also. 1996 2.0 GLX.

Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski

Actually, whether or not a car has an airbox is not related to what type of EFI the car has.....comparing apples to oranges = wrong information.

system

Reply to
Peter Cressman

Peter, I dont want to sound rude, but you are obviously using information thats aplicable to US only cars. For the southamerican markets, VW was equiping A3 golf engines with Digifant. Monomotronic was only being sold in northamerica.

I have a 1996 GLX Golf. Engine code is ADD. Its exactly like an ABA engine, but uses Digifant instead of Motronic. ACC engines with monomotronic were only availiable down here for 1993 and 94 model years. Al engines from 95 on are either 1.8 or 2.0 and all come with Digifant.

Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski

But the original poster is based in North America, so instead of confusing him with information that does not pertain to his car, I am basing my postings on the information which I have before me.

Reply to
Peter Cressman

I doubt it... his mail is marco snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (MarkVW) and he specificaly talks about Digifant and Mexican golf...

Its far more likely he is in Central or South America.

Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski

Well, why don't you maintain your postings to those who are based on your continent. Adding in information about vehicles which have never been sold in North America will on confuse the matter, and frankly, unless you wish to be held liable for damages resulting from performing suggested repairs based on information that you supply about a foreign Volkswagen, I would suggest not entering into a conversation.

Reply to
Peter Cressman

I have always been specific I am talking abouth cars sold in south america, whicis exactly the car he's talking about. You are the one that can be held liable. Remember this is an international group. There is a los of people that are not from northamerica reading this.

But dont worry. I already know you are not somebody that can have a reasonable conversation so I wont respond to this thread anymore.

Marco, If you need help with your car, I have a lot of information about it and you can feel free to email me if you need some.

Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski

Why couldn't he be in Mexico... i.e. N.America??? That seems just as likely.

Reply to
93 Fox

Of course... sorry... I sometimes forget Mexico is in northamerica. My apologies...

I was refering, anyway, to cars made for the southofusa market..

Thinking about it, my Golf's manual says 'Golf Export' on its cover, so maybe Mexico gets the same as the US.. Don't know.

Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski