VAG Digifant multipoint???

I'm a proud owner of a 1997 Golf GL (mexican-made), 1.8 8V engine. After looong research I found out that it has a VAG-Digifant multipoint FI and produces about 99 HP. This was a wonderful surprise since every site on the web tells you that 1.8 8V engines always come with single-point FI, Bosch Monomotronic type. The problem now is: The multi-point kind isnt anywhere on the web. Does anybody know anything about this system? I've had it rechipped and installed a cone air filter, it runs GREAT!

Thanks a lot for any feedback

Reply to
MarkVW

I don't think that VW has ever used a "single point". Are you thinking of the "throttle body fi" that gm passed off? Even my 84 vanagon had multiport efi (digijet) Could the correct word be "MoTotronic?

Joe

Reply to
Joe R

VW had Mono Motronic....which was throttle body injection.

- Peter

Reply to
Peter Cressman