Help W/Serpantine Belt 1.8T

I am putting a new Alt in my 02 1.8T and the belt flew off the pullys and I don't know the routing. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP SOON!!!

Reply to
Corys66

Is the diagram in your owner's manual?

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

If you don't already have one, purchase a Bentley service manual for your specific car.

Reply to
Papa

As it happens I have a picture I took of the front of my 98 AEB engine when I did the T-Belt for the precise reason of reminding myself what the belt routing was! (Caveat - assuming the layout on my 98 engine is the same as your '02)

If you want it I can e-mail it to you - assume your e-mail address is as above?

rgds

Iain

Reply to
Iain Miller

Isn't there a sticker in the engine compartment that illustrates belt routing? All American cars have that, figured it was a standard practice.

If not, your FLAS will have a routing diagram in their belt lookup (paper) catalog.

Reply to
Rex B

have a picture Also try autozone.com for a diagram if you find that part and if you are lucky! ;-)

BTW digital cameras are nice to have!!!

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1