Hi and HELP! 96 Jetta will not start!

The hardest problem to find is the one that you assume is not a problem. I have seen many a technician become stumped simply because a new distributor rotor failed.

No it is not a common thing. It is possible if some one did not properly tighten that bolt down on most vehicles not just VW or Audi. And I like to use locktite on that bolt to keep it tight! ;-)

later, dave (One out of many daves)

dave AKA vwdoc1

Torque: 80 ft lbs high strength Loctite # 27100

Runs very well now.

Reply to
K's Arcade

Cool & congrats

IIRC So to recap...................your engine had a problem with the crank sprocket breaking away due to a loose bolt.

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1