How do I change the trunk lid struts on my 2000 Jetta?

Can anyone please tell me how to replace the struts for the trunk lid of my 2000 Jetta GLS? I'm not too much of a car person but hopefully this is something I can do on my own with a little advice. Thanks!!

Reply to
navin29

I don't know about your Jetta, but for my '88 Cabbie, all that you need do is used a small regular screwdriver (not Phillips) and pry off the little shiny circlets. The circlets keep the struts from falling off, and they are about one-half inch in diameter.

Reply to
Papa

Thanks. I'll give that a try.

Reply to