where is the Vapor management valve on a 96 Mustang GT?

Check engine light come on, OBD code read P1443... all in all I need to check/replace the Vapor management valve and am unsure as to where to find it. Aslo if I need to replace it where can I buy one

Thanks, -uncwrat

-- uncwrath

View this thread:

Send from

uncwrath

check/replace the Vapor management valve and am unsure as to where to find it. Aslo if I need to replace it where can I buy one?

Evap purge valve?

It should be in the corner near the firewall on the passenger side under the hood.

Reply to
Brent P

check/replace the Vapor management valve and am unsure as to where to find it. Aslo if I need to replace it where can I buy one?

Ah yes I'm familiar with the bastrad..............went a year trying to track down the cause of that code. the valve is located right behind your throttle body set in 3/8 rubber tubing that leeds to your canister puge valve which is hanging inline with the tubing by the passenger side inner fender. You can buy the part from

Dave

PS if you need I can send ya a digital photo

Reply to
Deputy Dog