I Like the Mini: Stop Pcking on It

I think the Mini Cooper is great looking and fun, though I've never driven one.

Since this is a VW board, let's stop fixating on the Mini.

Reply to
Ken Sternberg

I only remeber one post about the mini, and it was cross posted against many newgroups.

Reply to
Rob Guenther

I'm 6'2" and even with the seat all the way back, the Mini is still inadequit for my purposes. Besides, at least when you own/drive a Golf, when you get hit on the highway, you have a fighting chance. In a Mini, you might as well accept the fact that you are dead meat!

Reply to
Peter Cressman

Ken,

It's true. There is no substitution for the Mini. I believe it's the smallest car sold in the US today and that means a lot to a guy like me. The smaller the better. I would drive a go-cart with a windshield around all day if I could... The "bulldog" stance, the powerful engine and the classic look... wow. These cars were classic cars the minute they rolled off the line.

TOE

Reply to
TOE

Powerful engine? I test drove one with my girlfriend when she was car shopping and it was anemic at best. No pickup at all. Interior felt cheap compared to my Jetta. It was such a letdown. I was really enthusiastic about the Mini up until then. Then I found out it was the same engine as a Dodge Neon. No wonder.

She ended up getting a Civic-Si, which goes like a batoutahell.

...Sean.

Reply to
Sean

Oh, by the way, I own a 2001 Golf TDI. Great car.

Reply to
Ken Sternberg