92 Jetta distributor/timing question

My timing keeps going out of wack every few days. Im thinking distributor? Anyone know what years of Jetta, GTI or Passat distributors will fit on my 1992 8v Jetta so I can scour the wrecking yards.

Thanks!

Reply to
jim

Did you check your timing belt as it may be loose and jumping.

Reply to
Woodchuck

What do you mean "out of wack" and how are you checking the timing since it will adjust according to the ECU?

Advance affected by knock sensor also!

dave