Increase horsepower in a VR6 Passat

I have a 2000 Passat with a VR6 engine and it is the GLX model. Right now my stock HP is 190-200. What are some things I can do to increase it? I'm not as familiar with newer imports so I don't know what I can and can't do. Things I'm considering are a chip and a flowmaster dual exhaust.

Reply to
Mike

I'd take it back to the dealer and yell at him, 'cause 2000 Passat GLXes don't have VR6es in them.

190.

Neither will get you very much on a V6. The only really big boost will come from supercharging, e.g. the one from

.

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

In intake/exhuast/chip combo will get you 12-18 horsepower from the V6. Enough to help increase top-end speed marginally, but not much else. Mike's right, the only way to squezze any real power from the V6 would be with a supercharger from PES. You can always look into Schrick cams, but you're talking about a lot of work and a fair amount of money for maybe another 8 horsepower.

Reply to
Steve Grauman

Hi,

This response might seem obvious, but it helped me!

( I have a 2001 VR6 Jetta...)

1- Go to a dealer/Valvoline/whatever and have them do a "feul injector service". 2- notice afterwards how much more power you have!
Reply to
DirtyRAT