Jetta 99- Horn problem

For the past few weeks the horn on Jetta 99 gets activated randomly when the steering wheel is move left or right. For now I removed the fuse, but need to solve the problem to pass inspection. I removed the steering wheel and did not found anything loose. Any ideas on solution will be appreciated. Thanks

Ferdi Baez snipped-for-privacy@tycoint.com

Reply to
Getta_99

I don't know if its related but I had a similar haunted horn on my Porsche Carrera. When I would slow to a stop my horn would go crazy like someone was rapdily tapping the horn. Turns out this is a common problem and it is related to rubber gaskets in the airbag harness wearing down over time causing the airbag to push against the horn. Easily fixed by cutting some 3/8inch hose to beef up the gaskets.

Getta_99 wrote:

Reply to
Don