300 CE Horn dead

Horn problem: The horn on my 1991 W124 Series 300CE 24V Sportline has ceased to function. I've checked the fuses - removed, sand-papered, cleaned with contact cleaner, replaced into similarly cleaned holder and nothing! Mine is a French spec. car and I can find no clue as to which fuse feeds the horn so I cleaned them all. Nothing. Any ideas out there? My thanks in advance.

Reply to
dont.blame

Test your horn itself by bringing battery power directly to it. If it works, then your steering horn ring needs to be replaced.

Reply to
Tiger

Jump a 12v feed to the horn and make sure that it is working properly. Mike

Reply to
Just Mike

Almost certainly the steering wheel end. Therre are contacts under the airbag and a slip ring behind the wheel itself. Thses tend to fill up with crud and stop working. A thorough clean should do it.

Reply to
Stratman