Looking for convertible trim parts

I am currently restoring an '82 convertible. It's going well, but there are a couple of things I'm just not finding. Specifically, the belt-line moulding for the left front fender and the "Rabbit" mud flaps. Does anyone know of a good source for these items? They must be pretty popular: My usual sources, the pull-your-own-parts wrecking yards, never seem to have them. I've yet to see one of these cars in there with the mouldings still on it.

Thanks! Mark

Reply to
Beeser

I have an '82 convertible, too. For the mudflaps, I'd check Ebay -- these seem to come up every so often. It's the only source I've seen for them. For trim, I've found a good source to be V.W. Parts in Fleischmanns, N.Y. They run a big VW junkyard and ship nationwide. Just call 'em up and tell them what you need. Prices aren't cheap, but they're not too expensive. Their number is (845) 254-6600. Good luck.

Mike

Beeser wrote:

Reply to
Mike C.

Have you checked the dealer? Sometimes the prices aren't too bad. It is likely that you will also need new clips.

Reply to
William Maslin