2000 Polo E uneven tickover

I'm sure this is a "known" problem. 999cc polo E ,ever since it was a couple of years old suffers intermiitently with uneven tickover and needs a few more revs when pulling away than normal, to prevent stalling. I took it to the dealer a couple of times who even charged me while under warranty to clean out something?- but only cured it temporarily. Doesn't seem to follow any patern, hot or cold & sometimes ok for a couple of weeks. Can anyone help please ?

Reply to
bobbie83

I am not trying to be sarcastic, but for those of us on the other side of the pond, could you please translate "tickover"?

Reply to
ksternberg1

...idle speed?

Reply to