New Beetle window switch.. parts places?

Hi All, My driver's side window switch broke (again). Now I'm out of warrenty. So I decided to fix it myself. Where do you recommend I get a replacement switch? Is there a place that would be less expensive than the dealer? I prefer an online source since I could have it mailed to me then... Thanks a Lot! Jen

Reply to
Aquarijen

Dealer, have you called? I think it's only a ~$20 switch.

Reply to
Woodchuck

The window switch and regulator is ALWAYS covered. I just went to the dealer in Huntersville, NC today and they confirmed that my bug is covered for its SECOND replacement that will take place next week. 2000 Beatle, 40K miles. They said the part has been improved so they will last longer now but always be covered. We received a letter stating the same after the first repair. Good luck,

-Rick

Reply to
Carolina

Hrm. I just had my switch replaced, and the local VW dealer said the switch wasn't covered, but the regulator was. I'll have to give VW a call to see if that's really the case.

Reply to
brougham3

The regulators are but not the switches! Your dealer just might be "eating" the switch cost to promote better relations...

replacement

Reply to
Woodchuck

Thanks for the info. My dealer said the switch wasn't covered.. But I found a place online who sold me the switch for $17. The dealer had them for $30. Thanks Much, Jen

Reply to
Aquarijen