new floor mats for 2001 Passat

where would you recommend getting them? dealer, oem, or aftermarket? any tips are appreciated ... thanks.

Reply to
Theorbo

Yes.

(Where ever you find some that you like?)

Reply to
PeterD

right, the important question is WHERE.

Reply to
Theorbo

If you can still get them for an '01, the heavy rubber ones from the dealership are hard to beat. That was the first purchase I made when I got my '02 GTI (I'm kind of a pig)

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Whereever you see some that you like! If you like factory ones, go to a dealer, otherwise aftermarket is the way to go. Personally, for best looking products like mats, OEM (factory) is the way to go.

Reply to
PeterD

I was thinking about going to the upholstery shop and having them make me a new drivers side mat. Mine is threadbare. I would not do rubber mats as they cannot be comfortable when driving barefoot. those rare long roadtrips are much nicer when I can take off my shoes.

Reply to
Jim Behning

Check out Lloyd's mats, which can be found at:

The "Ultimats" are great--much better materials than OEM.

Reply to
No Spam Please

Another idea is a good carpet shop who is experienced in making throw rugs. They have the equipment to hem the edges, and will make whatever you want. If you have an existing one that you are replacing they can use it for a template.

Reply to
PeterD

I have some new ones that I bought for my '01 Passat and never used. I ran across them the other day when I was cleaning the garage. They are gray carpet. If you are interested let me know and I'll see if I can figure out a price.

Terry

Reply to
Phred Johnson

email is: terry at Neighbors Enterprises dot com

Reply to
Phred Johnson

Thanks, everyone, for the suggestions. Terry - I need/want tan ones as the interior is the tan leather. Thanks for the offer, though.

Reply to
Theorbo