Non-idling 8V GTI (Simos ECU)

Hi All...

I posted a message last week about a 1995 8V Golf GTI that would only run when held on the throttle. As soon as the throttle was released it would die again. I've managed to get the car back home now, and in my first 2-minute investigation I put the key in the ignition, and turned to the first position before turning the engine. I heard a lot of servo-type clicking from the throttle-body, as if it was trying to adjust the throttle position with the engine off (but ignition key in the on position). It did this for some time, until I manually turned the throttle-cable pulley.

Any ideas here? Is there a servo in the throttle-body to adjust the engine idle speed (idle compensation)? Sounds like this area is where the fault lies...

thanks

The Admiral

Posted to UK group too..

Reply to