OBD-1 Scan Tool

Hey all I was just curious does anyone know where to find or if you can buy the scan tool or software for the OBD-1. I have a 95 Jetta and the OBD-2 wont work on my model and we don't have the hook up or software at school. The reason I ask when I replaced recently the front rotors and pads and also one rear wheel cylinder and both rear bearings the ABS light came on? I was going to hook it up to the scanner at school but of course it didn't work so I looked in All Data and it says there is a special scanner? Any ideas. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Mike Stafford

OBD-1 or 2 scanner will not scan the VW ABS module!

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

that this interface should be able to connect to your VW ABS module. But I guess it is NOT considered a "scanner", it is much more! ;-)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

A generic OBD1 scan tool is only going to scan emissions stuff because that's all OBD generically is. Brakes are not part of emissions OBD so you will need a VW-specific scanner like a VAG COM to get faults that are stored outside of OBD.

Reply to
Matt B.

Yep...

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

Thanks guys for all the information I appreciate it.

quoted text -

Reply to
Mike Stafford